13262538

If I leave my partner I understand that I would have to live

If I leave my partner I understand that I would have to live on benefits and that we would share custody of our children - however I have a question regarding maintenance. Would he be pursued for money from the child support agency due to my being in receipt of benefits?
How old are the children?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Why are you the one moving out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but I don't understand why the questions you have asked are relevant. I am not happy with this response.

I am sorry - i was hoping to give you a more detailed overview of your potential position.
However if you do not wish to know any more then I can say that he will only have pay child maintenance if you have the children more than 50% of the nights of the year - and you actively seek maintenance - the DWP will not be interested.
However you may not be entitled to Housing Benefit if you are a joint owner of the property.
If you need further information please ask