13262538

Hi may i ask, i am a farther of three daughters, 15,13 and

Customer Question

Hi may i ask, i am a farther of three daughters, 15,13 and 6, the 15 year old is in my care and the other two are with their mother, i currently earn 31000 per year but am heavy taxed due to company cars and fuel cards etc. i only actually take home £1700 but the CSA are wanting to take £310 per month, i do have the other two twice a week and would like more days, the eldest has stayed at her mums 7 times in 18 months. The estranged wife is now preventing me seeing the younger two as she is in the knowledge that less days with dad equals more money for mum , then telling the CSA i dont have them for two nights, I now have the CSA saying i have to prove i do have them as it wil always be in the mother favour, how wrong can this be !! ive always provided for my children from the day they were born and allways will but it seems the soon to be ex wife is after two things; money being the biggest driver and second making sure she has ample free time away from the children, she only works part time so falls into the loop hole of having all her rent and council tax paid etc.( ive only mentioned this to give the full picture) i am about to lose my rented accommodation but the CSA just want more money i dont understand please help thanks Dan

How much does your ex actually earn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare thankyou for replying

im not sure i think its approx £500 per month plus tax credits etc. she stays under the 16 hour boundry

hope this helps

Ok
Is there a Court Order regarding contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No no court order as no official channel has been used other than the csa
When did you last see the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see the middle child every day as i collect her for school the 6 year old i had her the weekend just gone as we only live a mile apart i do get to see them as and when im dropping the middle one off on school run etc, sorry if thinsis confusing
Ok
Do you have a record of how often you have had them overnight in the last three months?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

erm I only keep a record of when the wifr refuses me to see them other than that its every other weekend 5pm Friday until 5pm Sunday its only the last three weeks theres been an issue with Tuesday nights as work is getting more demanding, other than that its pretty much as per structure <-- hate that word :)

So you always have them 2 nights a fortnight - sometimes 4 but your ex is saying it is never - is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry its 3 nights week1 and 1 night week 2, 3 nnights week 3 and 1 night week 4 and so on
Week 1. 3 nights
Week 2. 1 night
Week 3. 3 nights
Week 4. 1 night
The csa said this would avg out as 2 nights per week on their books
Sorry - that is indeed what I meant
But your ex is saying you never have them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is my point clare :( lol the csa claim i have to prove i have them and only court papers or solicitor letter will be accepted how can i prove this
She doent claim i dont have them in the second weekend its just the tuesday she messes me about with :( sorry to cause you stress lol
Ok
So in the last three months how many tuesdays have the children spent with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Out of the possible 12 in three months i would say a easy 8 hooe this helps
Yes it does.
Sorry - I should have asked - has she said no to any further tuesdays?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well she refuses to allow just for tea so i said i can have them but would need to drop them before 8 am on the wednesday as i need to get to work and she refuses, i then asked if we could move to a thursday as i work from home on fridays so it makes sense
For ref she works two days oer week monday and friday, so by moving it to a thursday night i assumed it would benifit us both me for working from home her as no child care is needed any friday morning as remember one week would then be thursday only and the other would be from thursday through to sunday
She is making it clear its about her social life and not about the best interests of the children
Hope this helps
Ok
So you would like to have them overnight every thursday - and from thursday to sunday on alternate weekends?
Could you take them to school on Monday as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To be fair i never thought about that :) i suppose i would say until 5 pm sunday for now and maybe in the future ask for that or maybe leave that not sure wot do you think ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh just to confirm yes you are correct with the rest
HI
Whatever has happened in the past it is clear that your ex will stop the tuesday contact from now on to preserve her position with the CMS (new name for CSA)
That being the case your starting point is to try and discuss matters with her using Family Mediation
www.familymediationehlpline.co.uk
To agree a pattern of contact which is child focussed not money focussed
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time that the children spend with you- which is likely to include the tuesdays - and you can produce that to the CMS
You can read more here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details