Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

i have just got divorced from my wife we want to sell the house

Customer Question

i have just got divorced from my wife we want to sell the house that we have together i moved out of the house five years ago my ex wife has carried on paying most of the morgage, when i left the home it was agreed that my ex would carry on paying what she could and i would put in the rest, were do i stand as i am now being told that my ex wife is entitled to more of the house than me
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the house is worth 110 thousand morgage left 30 thousand no debts no children involved

HI
How long have you lived together and what income do you each have?
How much is your ex asking for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was agreed that we split the money 50/50 which i agreed to lived together for 25 years the house is on the market at the moment if it sells at 110 thousand the profit would be 80 thousand split down would be 40 thousand each but i am now being told that as she paid most of the mortgage in the last five years she is entitled to more

How much do you each earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the problem is the house not about income she is only looking for money out of the house

HI
I appreciate that but the family court will look at the financial position as a whole - including income and pensions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are divorced already so are you saying that we will have to go to court again over the house

Yes if agreement cannot be reached that will be the only option