13262538

I am currently involved in mediation over my children and I

I am currently involved in mediation over my children and I do not agree with the child consultation report what can I do
How old are the children and what is the issue in dispute
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7 8 12 14 I currently have custody of the children the report did not represent the real situation for example

both Jessica and lilly may confirmed to me that they were aware as to why they had been asked to come in and talk with me and as this part of the descusion progressed it became very apparent that the children had perhaps been privy to conversations which had taken place with possibly adult members of the family regarding the present situation this was evidenced by lilly may telling me that mummy was playing a dangerous game and also that she was playing with our heads when these comments were explored with her in more detail it became obvious that lilly may did not actually understand what she had in fact said - neither did Jessie

Jessie went on to tell me that Christine had told them to choose mummy.

both girls emphasised to me that they were not happy spending time with mum at here present accommodation but both confirmed that they would want to stay with mum at the weekends if she were to move and also if she promised them that she would not go out and leave them with a baby sitter when they stayed over with her

The problem I have with this section of the report is centred strongly on a conversation between carless adults but seems to by pass the fact that

a-somebody was actively trying to influence the children as to where they wanted to stay

b- there were know questions asked or answers shown as to why the children did not want to stay with there mother at her present address.

c-why did the children not get asked questions as to why mum had to promise that mum would not leave them with a baby sitter

also the children had to score from 1-10 which parent they wanted to be with why was this not shown in the report

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I tried to give you the information requested but have not had a reply do I need to do something else

May I ask - are you mum or dad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

grand parant

Do they live with you?
What is your involvement in the matter - or are you just attempting to understand the system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to understand & help my son

Just to confirm how old are the two children involve din this - and you do understand that teh rpeort was basically positive for your son?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

seven and eight

thanks

The outcome of this report was good for your son.
Clearly there is some concern over the fact that discussions are being held in the hearing of the children - and this is something your son needs to address
However the consultation is NOT an interview designed to elicit evidence so the answers to your specific points are
a. This was clearly noted
b. That is not the way such discussions work - the idea is NOt to question the children directly
c. Please see above
d. Since you do not know the context in which the question was asked (and indeed it is concerning that you know it was) there is no way of knowing the relevance so far as the mediator is concerned
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years