Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I separated from my husband 20 months ago we sold our house

Customer Question

I separated from my husband 20 months ago we sold our house paid off all outstanding debt and split the rest 50/50 we had been married 30 yrs have twin boys 22 yrs old initially they both moved in to rented house with me one was living at home until recently had been on and off unemployed.
I am not financially able to afford to buy but my husband has a 3 bed house he is buying I am renting and it is crippling me am I entitled to any financial support from him
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:

Apart from the house that was sold, are there any other assets that either of you have? If so, what are/is their value(s)?

How much income do you each have per year from all sources?

How much was your share from the house sale?

What would a 3 bed house cost in the area where you want to live?