13262538

I have not lived with my husband for the past 6/7 years. He

Customer Question

I have not lived with my husband for the past 6/7 years. He is living in our jointly owned house. The house is paid for so there is no mortgage involves. Can I as joint owner have a rent agreement drawn up? He does not pay any money to me at all. THANK YOU
Does your husband wish to pay you a sum of money in exchange for living there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clair, No my husband refuses to pay me any money for his accommodation. So could I have a rental agreement drawn up for my half of the jointly owned home. By the way I am in possession of the Land Registry deeds. To the property.
No i am afraid that there is no basis on which you can make him pay rent for the property - nor can you rent the property to anyone else without his agreement
The only way to resolve this if the pair of you cannot agree is via divorce proceedings
I am sorry - I know this is not good news - please ask if you need further details