13262538

Hi. I understand that there were changes to the divorce process

Hi. I understand that there were changes to the divorce process recently and it is now expected that divorcing couples go through the mediation process rather than using solicitors to work out a settlement at huge cost. After attending the initial mediation session where the mediator merely explained the process, my wife decided she didn't want to use mediation and wants to go straight to solicitors. Her solicitor has not set a date about 3 weeks hence to exchange the Form-E. Can I insist on going through mediation first ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No I am afraid that you cannot insist on it if your ex will not co-operate.
However in fairness you would have to prepare the same information for mediation - so there is notingto lose by completing the Form E
Please ask if you need further help