13262538

My ex-husband took the my two children away for the night (in

My ex-husband took the my two children away for the night (in the UK) at the weekend without letting me know he was going to take them away nor providing an address as to where they were staying. They went to stay at his girlfriends house. The first time I knew was when the girls face timed me. Is he allowed to take them away without telling me? He only has the girls 3 out of 14 nights.
Also, he wants to take the girls abroad - does he have to have my consent or can he just take them. Do I need his consent to take the girls abroad? I heard that because I have the girls pretty much full time I don't need his consent to take them away or abroad whereas he is supposed to have mine to take them abroad or away - is that right? Thanks
My name is ***** *****
Please remind me - are there any court orders involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No only a childcare agreement plan that is probably out of date now anyway.
I am sorry but the news is not good on either point.
Your ex has parental responsibility for the children and whilst they are with him he can decide whether they go - provided they stay safe.
Yes it would be polite to tell you where they are going - but if it is just for one night there is no absolute requirement to do so
Since you do not hold a Residence Order you will need his consent or an order from the court to take the children out of the country - just as he will need yours
Sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details