Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Currently negotiating prior to next step of mediation. Ex

Customer Question

Currently negotiating prior to next step of mediation. Ex wife is pregnant by new partner/fiance and as part of negotiations is continually "reminding" me that she is pregnant and seeking medical attention due to the stress i am putting her under, she has delayed discussions for 2 years with one excuse or another! Can she use this as a bargaining tool to push me to accept her "Proposal"  a proposal which is woeful by the way.

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer.

I need a bit more information to be able to help - exactly what is it that you want to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No probs. Absolute was granted in July 2014 and we are still sorting out the financial side...mostly the house...has taken ages to get to that point due to delay after delay instigated by her and not all true it transpires. I have via a solicitor on a payg asked for a referral to mediation. We have been corresponding via email in an attempt to negotiate so as to settle although she classes this as mediation! She has made an offer which I am considering yet she has taken to signing off each email with "I will remind you again that I am pregnant and currently seeking medial attention resulting from the stress associated with your demands."
Can she use this as a tool to bargain and will it go against me in mediation if I ignore these comments?