13262538

I live with my wife, boy who is 4 years old & my parents. I

I live with my wife, boy who is 4 years old & my parents. I work full time, she works 3 days a week as a teacher. I drop my son off to Nursery 3 days a week, & my parents pick him up as my wife is busy at work. He is stable in this environment & we need to start applying for schools very soon, as he starts Sep 15. We live in East London, & my wife is originally from the midlands. Can she just take him to her parents & I only see him at the weekends? I feel this is not fair & destabilising for my son. In the short term, if she moves in with her Aunt locally, can she stop me or my parents from seeing him? Please advise.
What makes you fear that this will happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because we may separate & her family are based 120 miles away. And she has threatened to do that. So, therefore what are my rights & what chances do I have for joint custody & that she stays local.

Your child is entitled to regular contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessaryIn the event that you separate you and your ex are expected to try and resolve matters yourself and agree how your child will share his time between you using Family mediation if necessary
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
You can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
This
If you cannot agree then a court application will have to be made and the court will have to decide the matter - something to avoid at all costs
Please ask if you need further details