13262538

My son has asked me to attend a CAFCASS interview at his home

My son has asked me to attend a CAFCASS interview at his home next week. As the grandfather of his son, aged 10, I know that I probably have few rights but I am close to the boy and I am in a position to help financially with his education etc. The boy's mother, who is not well off, does not want me to help. I sent her a cheque for £150 to help with back to school expenses last year but she returned it to me without comment. All I really want to know is, should I say anything when I attend the CAFCASS interview? A few years ago a Court Order gave access for the weekend and I saw my grandson regularly, up to last Christmas. I just want to do the right thing. Thank you in advance for your reply.
What is the application currently before the court and how old is your Grandson?
Why have you been asked to be there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My grandson was 10 last July. My son has invited me to be present at an interview with CAFCASS at his home. I need to know if I am entitled to say anything or should I just be an observer. There was a Court Order some years ago giving my son leave to collect his son from his mother at weekends. This continued until last Christmas but there has not been any contact with the boy since. I should have thought that the mother would have to obey a Court Order?

If Cafcass are involved and visiting then there are new proceedings ongoing
You are there just to observe and should not speak unless the Cafcass officer asks you for your views
Please ask if you need further details