13262538

My daughter is shortly going to file for divorce but needs

My daughter is shortly going to file for divorce but needs a solicitor who is sympathetic to her problems which include historic abuse (something that she will deal with when her two children have finished their education) this has affected her marraige. Although all assets are in joint names, even the buisiness; my daughter has neither wage nor house keeping money. As soon as her controlling husband gets any idea of what she is planning, he will move all finances, she needs somebody who she can trust. My daughter llives in Morton-In Marsh and has not had any recomdations of Solicitors there.
Does she have any friends who have been through a divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes; she has a friend in Morton who is on her 5th Solicitor trying to get justice. Her husband is sitting in a three bedroom rented house and my daughters friend is in a one bedroomed flat over a shop where she is now working. That is why my daughter is being cautious about going to just any Solicitor. My daughters family assets are a house in Morton, a sucessful business, two properties in USA and a house which her husband has just inherited after the death of his father. My daughter has about £500 in her personal bank while he has three bank accounts to her knowledge containing over £50.000.00

How old are the children and what income does her husband have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The daughter is 16 and in the first term of 6th form, she wishes to go on and study medicine, the son is 17 and at college, he suffers from autism so will know doubt be with his mother for a good number of years.

My daughters husband's earnings are unknown, he does a lot of cash transactions and is at the moment corresponding with a young black woman who apparently he met in a 'Spa' on his last visit to California on business, he is returning to USA in December and has arranged to take her to the restaurant of her choise and will send a chaufer to collect her. (my daughter is trying to monitor his emails.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare, I have already responded to this question and were awaiting a reply but it is now 1.42 in the morning GMT and as I have not had a response from you, can we possibly pick this up later on today as I must get some sleep, can we say between 11.00 a.m. and 10.00p.m. Could you let me have an email warning of a likely time , so that I can make sure that I am near the computor.

My apologies for the delay
As a starting point your daughter should chose a solicitor who is a member of Solicitors Family law group Resolution
You can find details here
www.resolution.org.uk
In the mean time she needs to gather as much financial information as is easily available to her.
No breaking into brief cases or desks
If assets are held in joint names there is little her ex can do to manipulate the funds - so she can rest easy about her security in the matrimonial home.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years