13262538

hi Claire,I am very shocked with the caffcass report the

Customer Question

hi Claire, I am very shocked with the caffcass report the report states that as my ex is unemployed I should travel and not him as he can not afford. the report says I should travel every week and maintain contact at the contact centre and slowly my ex should have unsupervised access. the report has highlighted no issues of the drugs and alcohol if anything he has stated that they are historic convictions and that my ex should do a written declaration of not taking these substances when my daughter with him. my solicitor is very shocked with the report and is going to challenge it especially since my ex did not adhere to the court order of drug test as he only took one month test and not three and the test was positive above threshold as his hair was short also the report has not highlighted his behavior towards me and that I am under marrak and he pays no maintenece. the repott just states he and my daughter have a bond and that needs to increase. the fact that I have two other kids and I travel with 3 children everyweek has not been taken into consideration at all. my solicitor is confident that the courts would not expect me to travel every week especially with young kids. what do you advice. also the fact that he does not pay tax or claim benefit yet is funding the court case and his lifestyle has not been highlighted in the report as I raised my concern of him having dealings with loan sharkers and also conning innocent car buyers and they not rcving decent cars. I have all this paperwork of people requesting money and have submitted in court. the fact that he did not bring the children back even though the police report states he has agreed to bring them back. also no mention of his jealousy towards my partner in fathering his daughter as I have prison letters confirming he wil not allow my daughter be fathered by my partner. please avice. my solicitor is in a rage to challenge all this as the caff cass officer is saying my ex is no risk

i am in complete agreement with your solicitor.
This is a nonsense and I would expect your solicitor to insist that the CAFCASS officer gives evidence to be challenged on the contents of the report
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can a caffcass officer do this. will he be investigated. how can any safeguarding officer accept a written declaration of not using substances especially with it being positive and him having convictions.how can the visits go unsupervised wth the drugs being positive. I have always agreed with the courts that he has a bond but supervision is because of his behavior and drugs. how can the safeguarding officer make me travel that is soley unfair. can the visits go unsupervised even though the drug test is positive.if they do then my life will be hell.

All of these are questions the CAFCASS officer will be asked on the stand
If you are successful a formal complaint is called for
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fantastic. thank you. he was so rude when he came. and I said I cant afford to travel every week and my ex pays no maintenance and I have to work Saturdays. he said that is not my daughters fault and it is my responsibility to maintain contact. If I don't want to travel then just give overnight stay. I am so angry!!!! I said I can't lose my job and he said aleena cant lose contact with my dad. surely the courts would not want me to lose my job. it is a well paid job and I have been with my company for 12 years. since the report I have lost all hope, don't eat or sleep.cant believe a safeguarding report is all positive on my partner and no reflection on his criminal activity behavior or drugs

Try not to worry so much - just because the CAFCASS report is positive for him does not mean that the judge will agree.