13262538

Can social services place a child in care without exhausting

Can social services place a child in care without exhausting all the options with family members on both side if the child's father is on the birth certifcate
How old is the child and how far have the Care Proceedings reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The child is one, and he has been placed in temporary foster care for two weeks, in order for his mum to have a break and clean up her flat (which she has done) now they have said they are concerned further and the first placement his was put in has now been found to be with unregistered foster carers - so he is to be moved again. My family (the boy fathers side) has not been given the opportunity to care for the child and now they say we need to be registered!!!

Is the child in voluntary care?
Have there been any Court Proceedings?
Have they now been started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think it as voluntary as the reason he was taken into care was he was involved in a police car chase at 3am and was not strapped in or in a car seat.

We were notified at the social service meeting they were starting court proceedings but they did not clarify what

thank you

Unless there has been a Court hearing that the father was given notice of then currently the child is in Voluntary Care under s20.
the father can give 24 hours notice of his intention to recover the child - UNLESS Social Services carry out an immediate assessment and place the child with his grand mother.
They will then either have to agree or start court proceedings
There is case law which says that wherever possible a child should stay with biological family
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details