13262538

Hi Clare, this issue with my foreign apartment is continuing

Hi Clare, this issue with my foreign apartment is continuing to pop out and my parents said to me, that if I want I can give it to them as a gift. It can be done in couple of days, and then it is just not on the list of my assets in any formally registered way. Should I do just this, it seems I am loosing nothing with that?? Apart from showing that I am saving my foreign family estate from being considered by English courts
I am afraid that it is too late to do this.
Any attempt to dispose of assets at this point will be seen as suspicious by the court and this could count against you
The court can simply ignore the Transfer and proceed on the basis that the asset is still available to you
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok.. that is clear... If another house is inherited during the marriage, and she is a registered owner, but the property is occupied by an elderly relative-- is it a property that should be included into divorce proceedings and will be somehow noted by the court??

It is an asset that has to declared and will be taken into account - but is likely to simply be balanced against the property that you own