13262538

Ex has missed deadline for Form E responses

In the first appointment of my divorce case the judge set a deadline for me and my ex-husband to respond to questions about the Form E. The deadline has come and gone and nothing has been received from ex - we submitted ours on time. I wasn't surprised as he has to submit quite a bit of information that he will simply not want to disclose. Should I ask my solicitor to pursue this with his solicitor or are these deadlines often missed? I'm concerned that we should not be too passive as my ex has a history of trying to move the goal posts. The judge set the FDR to be sometime in January.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your solicitor should apply to the court for a Penal Notice to be attached to the oRder and served on your ex.
If he misses the next deadline he can then be threatened with prison
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks for that. I don't want to take the rottweiler approach but patience is running out... am I right in feeling this way? My sense is, based on past experience with my ex, there is nothing to be gained by allowing too much slack. But I do also get the impression that solicitors, judges and the court system go out of their way to be accommodating, so I don't want us to seem heavy handed...
It is a reasonable step to take given the history of the matter