Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi I recently went to court and won my case for a inheritance

Customer Question

Hi I recently went to court and won my case for a inheritance claim the trial was before a circuit judge but the other party is now threatning to lodge an appeal i was awarded a large sum and all my costs the judge warned the other party that an appeal would be a very silly decision to seek as her home could be at risk if it fails can you tell me what grounds she would have to have to appeal and in your opinion in these types of cases are appeals granted
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There's not really an answer to the question "in these type of cases are appeals granted?"
An appeal is successful if the judge is wrong in law or in some limited circumstances has taken a wrong view of the facts. Each case is taken on its own merits.
Do you have a written judgement from the circuit judge?