13262538

Hello again, I have another question regarding the divorce.

Hello again, I have another question regarding the divorce. My husband and I separated on 1st October 2012 but were financially tied as we had both been out of work and were living off my inheritance at that time and had joint bank accounts until January 2013 when we got separate bank accounts. He is going to pay back half of my inheritance money in the next couple of weeks. Do we need to wait until January 2015 to start divorce proceedings or can we start now based on separation date of 1/10/12? We were living in the same house but in separate rooms and separate lives from 1/10/12 and then when we were financially stable, I found a new house in January 2013 and put a deposit on it on 2/2/13 and I continued to live in the marital house until my new house was ready on 17/5/13. Please can you get back to me asap, as I originally asked this question on Friday 7th November, but it timed out at payment stage and lost the question. Many thanks, Wendy
Was there any joint cooking cleaning shopping or washing done during the period you were living in the same house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, prior to January the answer would have been 'yes' as we were tied financially, but from January onwards we were both financially independent and led completely separate lives and cooked, ate, shopped and did all domestic chores separately and socialised separately. We had separate rooms and we only spoke to each other when we had to. I had to stay in the marital house as all my money went on the deposit and solicitors costs for my new house. It was supposed to be ready in March but due to the snow and bad weather, the completion was delayed until May. I did not want to stay in the marital home but had no where else to go! Wendy
I am afraid that in that case you do need to wait the extra two months until January 2015.
To qualify as being separate you do have to be living completely separate lives.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details