13262538

My wife and I have been separated since January but gave

Customer Question

My wife and I have been separated since January but gave birth to our beautiful daughter on the 31st of July, she has chosen her name and registered her birth all without me or with no consideration about me. She asked me if she could take our daughter to Canada to see her father our baby's grandfather and said it would be for two weeks, so I agreed. Then eight days before they were due to fly my wife told me they were going for four weeks which obviously I was extremely upset about but felt there was nothing now that I could do. I have started to pay maintenance so that's in place now but my wife will only let me see millie (my daughter) for three hours a week, only an hour at a time and with her friend their to supervise. I can not take her away or out of the house for that hour introduce her to any of my friends or to see her family (anything basically) I have to stay in her house. What am I entitled to and how do I go about spending more time with my daughter and making decisions like my wife does? Or am I just a door mat because of my sex? Any help wouldesk be much appreciated Kind regards ***** *****

Is your name on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my name is ***** ***** birth certificate

John

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
When your daughter was new born an hour three times a week was not unreasonable, but it should be expanding as she gets older - and should be taking place away from your ex and her family and friends.
As a starting point you could move to a local Contact Centre
You should arrange an appointment with Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.org.uk
If she refuses to attend, or it breaks down, then you will have no choice but to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order
You can read more on these sites
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdf
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details