Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

A Partner who walked out on his family has been given access

Customer Question

A Partner who walked out on his family has been given access by the Court to take his 2 year old son ;Tues.& Thurs. 3.00 pm to 6.00pm and overnight Fri; 6.00 pm to Sat 6.00 pm.
It is most noticeable that on his return his behaviour is very agressive especially towards his mother and sometimes his 3 year old brother. The worst being after a weekend visit.
When he was on holiday for a week there was no sign of this aggression and he and his brother were their usual companiable and loving boys.
Now back to the fathers access he has once more become really aggressive, and getting very upset when he cant see his mom or when she leaves the room.
My worry is what affect is all this coming and going having on his little mind? His mom is really upset about this but seeing as the Court has made the order of access she does not want to get in to trouble by stopping any of the visits.
How long has the order been in place?
Does mum ever have the child on his own away from his brother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The final Court appearance was on Thursday 6th Nov.[last week]

The mother and both sons are always together except when she is out at work of course, then the elder is at nursery school and the younger with a child minder.

Does Dad have him every Saturday?
Does mum never have a weekend with them?