13262538

i have been divorced for 10 years and paid maintenance weekly

i have been divorced for 10 years and paid maintenance weekly up until about 16 months ago whenas i work in the building trade ,times became hard and i unfortunatly missed 12 payments in that time ,now my ex wife is wanting me to pay here in full all the missed money which of course i dont have or i would have paid it ,my daughter is now 19 and in uni and i help her as much as i can . where do i stand on this matter
Is there actually a court order for maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Then assuming there was never a CSA assessment wither there is no action that your ex can take to obtain any monies from you in respect of this dip in payments.
In addition any financial arrangements now made between you and your daughter are nothing at all to do sith your ex.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i am mistaken and there is a court order what then/

In that case she may be able to apply to the court to recover the monies- but given that the arrears are over 12 months old she will have to convince the court to give her permission to do so