Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi there,I am a parent with primary care and currently

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am a parent with primary care and currently have a Court Order that states that I have to make my son available to his father, every alternate weekend. Last week my son revealed to me that his father had been hitting him. I have reported this to the police and this is currently being investigated by the Child Abuse Investigation Team who have asked that I ensure that there is absolutely no contact between my son and his father until further notice. Please how do I go about informing the Family Court of this?
When was the Order made and how old is your son?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply.
The Contact Order was issued in August, 2009 whilst the Residency Order, which states that I'm the primary carer was issued in 2010.
I have now filed an urgent statement to the Family Central Court with a note asking for it to be referred to the District Judge, informing the Court about the current situation and pending investigation.
Please could let me know if there is any thing else I can do?
Regards,
Clementina
How old is your son and have there been any bruises?