13262538

hello I was intending to marry my ex partner in china in 2009.

hello I was intending to marry my ex partner in china in 2009. I had the intended blessed in UK how ever the marriage never developed I now in 2014 have found a partner whom I wish to marry how do I prove I am not married or is the past Blessing valid
Where did the blessing take place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Clare the blessing took place in my local office in sittingbourne kent

When you say "blessing" what exactly do you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Clare it is a SUPERINTENDENT REGISTRAR,S CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE PURSUANT TO THE MARRIAGE WITH FOREIGNERS ACT 1906 .It go,s on to say, I C*** H**** deputy superintendent registrar of the district of KENT hereby certify that on the 19th day of August 2009 notice was given by (******me****) and duly entered in the marriage book of the said district of the marriage intended to be solemnized between the parties named and described above................................................I further certify that the issue of this certificate has not been forbidden by any person authorised to forbid the issue thereof and no impediment to the proposed marriage has shown to me to exist . then signed .......... C.H

So there was no blessing - you just gave notice of your intention to get married.
There was no subsequent marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no marriage it fell through when I went to china. Embarrassed and returned home. I have ignored the whole saga up to now but now I have to return to the same registrar office to apply for my new intended marriage and wondered if my old attempt would stop me from trying again

No it will not do so - but the Registrar will wish to be reassured that you did not actually go forward with a marriage.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i see how do i prove that i did not marry

Do you have any written evidence that it did not go ahead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I do not

There still should not be a problem - you simply need to explain the position if asked to do so