13262538

my son has a child living with its mother and has not had contact

my son has a child living with its mother and has not had contact with her for 4 years his name is ***** ***** the birth certificate but is paying maintenance of 70 pounds per month .
He has found out that she is or has got married and the man is or has adopted the child
Firstly can they adopt her with out his permission and will he still have to pay the maintenance
What makes you think that the child has been adopted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE GIRLS MOTHER TOLD A FRIEND OF MINE BUT THEY CANT REMEMBER IF SHE SAID THEY HAD OR WAS DOING SO

It is unlikely that there has been an adoption as that cannot have happened without your son having been consulted and his permission having been sought.
I accept that she could have lied about your son being the father - but that is unlikely as it is in fact very difficult to sustain this with Social Services.
If there is an adoption then your son will no longer have to pay maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details