13262538

Hi I get divorce 4 years ago , and court order was that, that the house I'm living in

Customer Question

Hi I get divorce 4 years ago , and court order was that, that the house I'm living in now with my 2 son has to be in my name , this is never happened cause the bank didn't accepted to put the mortgage in my name, now am very stressed cause my ex doesn't give me any information what so ever about the payments... I just wounder what rights do I have? I like to put the house in my name what should I do? the other question is that,I'm from middle east and my Iranian divorce hasn't been through yet, ( that means he still has control over me if I travel back ) But he gets married last year and his wife is here now. Just wounder if this is legal?
Whose name is ***** ***** currently held in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My name is ***** ***** you for your respond.

The house is still held in my ex name , but he doesn't have the right to sell or put in someone else's name.

maryam

Dod you apply to be joined to the mortgage so that it was held in joint names?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't.

maryam

In that case you need to apply to the Mortgage Company to be added to the Mortgage with your ex.
If he refuses then you will have to apply to the Court to enforce this.
Once you are on the mortgage you will be entitled to the necessary information regarding payments
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any other options if the mortgage company didn't accept to add me?

My other question is that,I'm from Iran and my Iranian divorce hasn't been done yet, ( that means he still has control over me if I travel back. And he can make the life hard for me) But he gets married last year and his wife is here now. Just wounder if is this legal?

Maryam

You can ask the court to Order your ex to sign a letter of Authority enabling you to deal with the Mortgage Company if need be.
Since you are legally divorced in the UK he is entitled to bring his new wife to the Uk I am afraid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi clare,

sorry for the delay. Thank you very much for your help. If I need it more help in future . Can I just replay to you?

Please feel free to ask for me by name