Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am joint owner of my house with my ex. He has made it impossible

Customer Question

I am joint owner of my house with my ex. He has made it impossible to live with him so have decided to move out in 2 weeks. He has told me he would pay all the mortgage if i take no (co-paid) items from the house. Their is a loan in his name for the fitted kitchen which he is also told me i no longer need to pay but threathened to sue if i take any furniture. He came up with agreement which i wont sign as i get 0 equity, nothing i co paid for and give up my rights to the house. My ex wont buy me out and the bank wont take my name off me and put it in my partners. I am going to move out but i feel its unfair not to take items. My questions on this:
What are the implications on me financially if i move out which my ex could pursue?
Dispite not wanting to put that he will pay all the mortgage in writing, can he sue me for 1/2 once i moved out?
Can i still move back in if im forced to pay 1/2 mortgage?
Am i liable for 1/2 his loan for the house?
Also any advice is appreciate. My ex is unreasonable so i cant talk to him. He makes my life hell so i have to move out. I most likely will just take items from the house if he is still unreasonable but dont want the hassle of courts as it can ruin my credit.
Anthony
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
how much us outstanding on the loan?
Who paid for the furniture?