13262538

I am divorcing. My ex his submitted his tax return forms in

Customer Question

I am divorcing. My ex his submitted his tax return forms in response to our questions about his form E. One of the tax return forms has been filled in by accountants and has some detail eg interest in bank accounts etc. The other two are by self assessment and show nothing apart from his salary. I know he has done consultancy work on top of his regular job and he is not declaring it either to the tax man or to the courts on his form E. Is the fact that he's not listed his bank accounts and the interest earned (albeit tiny) enough to throw up suspicion on the rest? If you think this is the case what is the best way for me to articulate this? I feel I have to convince my solicitor too!
What evidence do you have of the consultancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

While we were together he frequently spoke about his consultancy work which was on top of his regular job. The money he earned from this work was never put into the joint pot - I have no idea where it went.

I have copies of some expenses claim forms which could relate to consultancy work

Has this been raised as a Specific Question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - perhaps I should have made sure that it was.

My solicitor said that evidence of my ex's consultancy work would be disclosed in his tax return forms.

Quite a few items expenses repayments, book royalties and conference allowances seem to be missing from his tax return forms....

Then you can still bring this up at the FDR since you have evidence of the Consultancy and it is not appearing on the Tax returns - you can ask for details of the account into which the money is paid
The fact that you are aware of the work and the monies are not shown should be enough to raise a serious issue in the mind of the court
Please ask if you need further details