13262538

Hi Claire, I filed for divorce a couple of months ago but do

Hi Claire, I filed for divorce a couple of months ago but do not know my ex wife's address. I made an application for disclosure to get her address through HMRC but the judge rejected it. I need to try to find her address myself before the court will intervene. The matter is causing unnecessary delays in the divorce procedure. Can you please advise me on what methods I can use to obtain my ex wife's address?
How long is it since you last saw her and where was she then?
What grounds for divorce have you used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I have not seen her since December 2013 when we separated and she left the house. The grounds I have used are unreasonable behaviour.

Where was she hen?
have you contacted her friends and family?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were living together in the house in which I currently live in. To be honest, I fell out with her family members when we separated and I no longer speak to them.

I can understand that - but did you contact them to try and trace your ex?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I did contact them to try and trace her address but they refused to co-operate.

As a starting point you need to have written to all of her friends and family and also to have asked an enquiry agent to try and trace her (usually costs less than £100)
Once you have done that if there is still no result you apply to the courts for permission to go ahead without serving the papers on her
The form is here
http://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/0951/D13B.pdf
BUT you do have to have done the other parts first!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I am thinking about hiring a tracing agent to find her address. Will a court accept a tracing agent's enquiry results as legitimate proof of my ex-wife's address?

The court will not care.
If she does not return the Acknowledgement of Service then it will be up to you to arrange for the paperwork to be served on her personally - then the divorce can go ahead