13262538

Hi there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact

Hi there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact order for our 15 months old of son.
To date I have represented myself at Court and would appreciate some advice
On the four hearing the judge order interim contact order at a contact centre consisting of four session until the final hearing.
The contact session is disappointing, my som was fearful and avoided me and began to cry and scream, the social worker stepped in and stopped the session early.
I'm worried now because my son doesn't to know me.
Will I get the contact order what will happen at the final hearing
How long is it since the child saw you?
What kind of Contact Centre is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
It's been 10 months since I last saw my son.
It's supervised contact session.
HI
Sorry - I meant is it one on one with the Social Worker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
How early was the session stopped and when is the next one due?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The judge ordered three contact sessions before the final hearing, I've went to all three session but it ends within the first 30mims due to child being distress about seeing me.
How long is it meant to be for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it's 2 hours
What activities/ toys do you take to distract him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Social worker said no toys or gifts allowed at this stage.
He won't mix with me, I know if the mother stayed with us he will happy.
The mother refuse to join in.
Are there any toys there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there are toys there, child wants the mother to be there with us. He is crying for the mother.
Of course he is crying for his mother - however these sessions are about you showing that you can cope with this and distract him with toys and engage with him in a way that means that he starts to settle in your care.
The child's mother will not be involved in contact so you need to show that you can learn to cope with a crying child and use suitable toys and interaction to console the child.
Since all the meetings have passed you now need to show that you understand what you need to do - and suggest that contact begins in a local Contact Centre where there will be support available to help you cope with this.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The social worker said no more contact sessions until he is a abit older, when he starts nursery, because he is distress and they don't want to cause more pain to him. This is silly.
At the next hearing would I get a final contact order or just a temporary one.
You do need to learn how to deal with him when he cries which is why I suggest that you use a supported centre.
If the next hearing is the final hearing then the final order will be made then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not the final its the review hearing, what will happen there
HI
Unless you reach an agreement then no final order will be made and the matter will be set down for a final hearing
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years