Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hello,My Ex wife has told 2 of our 3 children I am not

Customer Question

My Ex wife has told 2 of our 3 children I am not their biological father. These are children 1 and 3. Child 1 has had a dna test and is now in touch with his real dad. mother knew who got her pregnant when we were dating. She claimed it was mine and has always maintained this. We married when child 1 was 12 months old, as she was pregnant again, I presume with my child ?
Child 3 was born, whilst I was away in the Falklands, Royal Navy throughout relationship. This child has been told by ex wife I am not the father.
I was hounded by CSA and they tripled family law court order when they were formed. I paid for the children until they left school.
Can I sue her for falsely claiming money, Can I claim this money back from CSA ? thanks
Michael
Has child 3 had a DNA test?
Did you ever suspect that they were not your children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

Child 3 has been told by her mother that I am not her father.

I have never suspected that child 1 was not mine. The mother had been having unprotected sex with "X" who she knew to be the father when she conceived. She told me that the child was mine. I had joined the Royal a week after my 16th birthday, we had been dating since we were 15. she told me she was taking the oral contraceptive, and it must have failed. Some 3 months after child 1 was born, she became pregnant again (again I had no suspicion at all). I got a posting to a Naval Establishment base in Plymouth and we got married (doing the right thing), and took a Naval Married quarter's house in Plymouth. I went off to the Falkland Islands, twice, and my ex wife told me we were having twins. child 3 was born whilst I was in the Falklands, my ex told me she had lost one of the twins and had to have it aborted, but managed to carry child 3 full term. I returned from the Falklands and a friend of mine told me she had had a man called ***** *****ving with her whilst I was away. This is the name she has told child 3 is her father.

I indeed suspected this and told the CSA that I never thought child 3 was mine. It was a total shock to hear that child 1 has had dna testing with Mr "X" and he is a match to the man she told him the name of.

Child 1 Born 8th Sept 1982 32 years Male

Child 2 Born 24th Sept 1983 31 years Female

Child 3 Born 12th Sept 1985 29 years Female

I only have the word of this woman that any of them are actually mine.

I would not have married her if I had known that she had been with someone else. Or indeed had their child.

She remarried Mr "Y" and forgot to tell the courts or me that she had remarried, but carried on claiming maintenance payments for all 3 children and her.

She then did the same to husband number 2 Mr "Y", she had 1 child with him, and then had another child with Mr "Z" telling him he was child 4 and 5's father. She has told child 1 and 3 that she has 5 children all with different fathers. She has not told child 2 anything.

She ran out on all 5 children to live with Mr "Z" whom she is now married to.

The CSA on it's formation took my family law court order for maintenance and tripled it and insisted I pay them through their collection service.

I had many years of misery paying for them, seeing them, taking them on holiday's etc.

My sister who was friends with my ex wife has informed me that ex wife was having affairs constantly, but no one wanted to tell me.

I do not have a relationship with child 1. I do not have a relationship with child 2. I have a relationship with child 3, but have not heard anything from her for a while, no doubt having been told the above by a very uncaring mother.

Anything else please ask.

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

I have not had anything back since sending the additional information.

Michael

My apologies for the delay
May I ask why you never sought a DNA test on child 3 given that you had your suspicions?
Sorry - this is an important question when we are looking at a potential claim for repayment