13262538

Hi clare, the adoption panel will be next week for my two children

Hi clare, the adoption panel will be next week for my two children is that the final. Can I still oppose the adoption plan?
Asma
The Panel is not the final step - the Panel is simply to check that the Placement is appropriate for the children
You can still continue with your plans to oppose the placement Order - you just need to do it sooner that you expected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, my previous solicitor who dealt with my matter is saying they can't do anything to assist me also she said I won't legal aid for opposing adoption. She said to seek second opinion.
Is that the case if matters were only concluded last September 13 the solicitor is clearly saying they can't assist me any more. I won't get legal aid.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, the LA have found prospectus adopters that is why it's going to panel next week. I just wanted to know if that is final?
Asma
No that is not final - it is not the end until the actual adoption order is made by the court.
It will not be possible to get Legal Aid for this application as the Final Care Order was made - that doe snot mean that you will not succeed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I am confused the two children have placement orders. What is adoption order?
Asma
The Adoption Order is the Final Order which makes the children part of the "new" family - and you are still a little way from that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, LA got twin track planning Long term fostering/ adoption for my two boys. They have the power to do either.
What am I opposing?
Asma
You are opposing the adoption plan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I had a meeting with the team manager explained the changes I have made. But they still have doubts that I caused the injury to my son. Which I said I am totally innocent of. She said that they did a fact finding hearing it concluded that they concluded that I had injured him. The CPS had insuffient evidence for conviction. I did not cause the injury. I don't know how prove my innocence.
What can I do Clare to satisfy them?
Asma
Was there a finding of fact in court on that issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare yes but I was not cross examined
Asma
What was the finding by the Judge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, the judge dropped the fact finding because the children met the treshold.
Asma
So NO Finding of fact was ever made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, No. Fact finding hearing do parents get cross examined? Spoke with SW is meet matching meeting and it will go to adoption penal in 2-3 weeks time. I am making urgent application to revoke PO and care orders for my youngest two. We have speed things up really.
Asma
Then there has been no fact finding and they cannot say that you were responsible for the injury for certain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, what is meet match meeting?
Asma
Could you tell me the context the phrase was used in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, I was told by the children's social worker there will meeting of match next week for my two children. Then they will take it to back to adoption panel in the next couple of weeks.
That what I meant what is match meeting
Asma
It means that the children will meet the prospective adopters for the first time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, so the children will meet the prospective adopters. It's such a shame. I never wanted my children for adoption. I just hope the adoption panel they don't feel appropriate for my children to be placed with new family.
I need to move really quickly.
Asma
I Know - and yes you do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clareWhat would the solicitor need to do first to oppose the adoption plan?
Asma
They will have to appeal the placement order
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, the LA are clearly not looking at the best interest of all my six children. My six children have had sibling contact since they were taken into care. If my two children get adopted the contact will stop with their siblings. it will have a emotional impact on all of my children. I feel the LA are being really unfair with my six children. They are breaching my children human rights.
They are going to be seperated from their two brothers for the rest of thier lives.
I think the LA are not looking at the best interest of any of my children.
Can I put this in my appeal application?
Asma
No that is not an argument you can use I am afraid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, what argument can I use?
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I am appealing the placement order due significant change of my circumstances?
Asma
The only basis on which you can do so is that you have shown clear signs of progress and there is a chance of the children returning to your care.
You can then add that this will ensure that they also keep contact with their siblings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, thank you it makes sense. I am just waiting for the solicitor to get back to me. Also the divorce and finance still in progress. Both things have come together it's really challenging for me. Also adoption process is going really quickly. I should have appealed the placement Order few months back.
It's more stress on me.
Asma
No you were not ready then - you are in a better place now - just stay calm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, how much will the cost be if I was to pay private to oppose the placement order?
I have to be really quick
Asma
You would probably need about £3,000 or so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, how many hearings will likely to take? Also assessments will that add cost
Asma
That i shard to predict - but one for certain - two possibly.
There are unlikely to be any further assessments unless you request one yourself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Clare the social worker will be in contact with me for updating assessment. I received an email by team manager. What does this mean I don't understand this.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, due to my request the LA is going to undertake a core assessment on myself. The social worker will be in touch.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, what is core assessment? What would this entail?
Asma
The Core assessment is the preliminary assessment and in your case it will be see what progress you have made.
You need to show your insight into what has happened and your understanding of the impact it had on the children and YOUR responsibility for it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, would they undertake parenting assessment? The LA to consider wether any children can be returned to my care.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, would it better to live in London until the assessment concludes?
Asma
That is a decision for the LA to make - and you need to decide where you wish to live - a decision only you can make
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, I know it's very early stage. But if the LA decide some of my children can be returned I am conscious of sibling contact.
I need to make sure contact with children's father siblings are maintained. London would very exhausting forthr children to travel.
What do you suggest I do
Asma
You can make plans to move back - it will show an ability to identify and prioritise the children's needs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, what should I show to have successful outcome of the core assessment? Yes you right I will be making plans in moving back but far away from the children's father outskirts of walsall may be birmingham.
To ensure my safety and my children safety is paramount.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare how soon shall I plan to move back to the Midlands?

That is up to you and how practical it is

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, social worker is doing planning wether I should meet with her at her office or she meets me in London. Or we meet half way. She will let me know. I think it would be better for me to meet her. What do you think?
Asma
I think traveling to meet her will show that you take responsibility for yourself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, yes you are right. But it would have been appropriate if we both discussed how and ehere we want to meet. Is that right approach?
She is still deciding and will be in touch with me but I am not sure when.
I don't know how long I will need to wait
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I want to plan moving back to the midlands but my support worker from the freedom programme still wants to continue to carry on working with her.
Asma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi clare, while the assessment is going to take place will their be likely more contact with my children or i will still get the same level of contact the court agreed? Many thanks
Asma
The Assessment is about what changes have happened IN you so more contact is unlikely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, so if the assessment is positive will there be further assessments. It's wether any of my children can be returned to my care. How can I make my assessment successful?
Asma
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years