Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hello, my family and I were involved in an RTA in 1999, my wife suffer

Customer Question

Hello, my family and I were involved in an RTA in 1999, my wife suffered TBI and has since been profoundly disabled & lacks capacity. I have been running a full time care team at home for the last ten years, my wife has made remarkable improvement over and above what was expected. Two years ago I entered into a relationship, at a recent hearing at the COP regarding my wife living independently, the judge has ordered that my wife is to be told of the breakdown of her marriage and they say they will file for divorce, if this happens there is no way I can protect her, my question is can they do this? the real reason for the breakdown of our marriage was our accident 15 years ago.
May I ask why you do not want a divorce?