13262538

I have recieved a Draft Divorce Petition on the grounds of

Customer Question

I have recieved a Draft Divorce Petition on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” -
I apply for a
x divorce on the ground that the marriage has broken down irretrievably,
x The Respondent has behaved in such a way that the Petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live with the Respondent
I have till the 4th of december to respond or else they will file it.
1) if i don't do anything, will the divorce take place?
2)What are the repercussions/implications for me, if I agree to divorce on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour”? would it make it harder for me to have full custody or 50/50 custody of my children? would it make it easier for her to have a bigger financial settlement? As far as I am concerned she is the one with the unreasonable behaviour.
3)Is the petition/divorce information freely available? can individuals such as my sons or organisations access this?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Do any of the allegations involve violence or neglect of the needs of the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Thank you for that
In answer yo your questions
1. Yes - if the Petition is issued and is eventually served on you in person and you simply ignore it then the divorce will go ahead and a costs order will be made against you
2. No it will make no difference to the children or financial issues
3. No the only people who will see it are the courts and whoever you and your ex show it to
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details