13262538

Hi, i have filed for divorce from my husband, we have been

Hi, i have filed for divorce from my husband, we have been seperated for 3 years. He said he would agree to the divoice so i filed and now he's refusing to sign the papers or even speak to me to tell me why. I've been told by the court that i can't get a baliff to issue the papers as he has to consent as it's not been 5 years. They've suggested that i change the grounds for the divorce which i can do to unreasonable behaviour but if i do that can he still refuse to respond? or once they've been served can the divorce be pushed through? I don't want to waste my time and money changing the grounds if it won't make any difference.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If he recorded his agreement to the divorce in writing then it could still be possible to go ahead with the existing petition.
If not then amending the Petition is indeed the way forward - and with an Unreasonable Behaviour Petition once it has been personally served unless your ex defends it the divorce CAN go ahead even if he does not respond.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your answer this was really useful. Will use the service again.

Katie