Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have separated from my partner (3 children aged 14, 3,2)

Customer Question

I have separated from my partner (3 children aged 14, 3,2) charity told me I wont get income support as my name is ***** ***** BTL property 50/50. My ex has always had the rent payments directly to his bank account, now tenant currently defaulting on payments. Estimated equity is £60,000. I don't think he will agree to sell, and says he cant buy me out. How long would it take/cost to release the equity to me? As I now live in a property he solely owns and he could ask me to leave. I want to rent somewhere else, but as equity stands not entitled to income support/housing benefit. I have no income as lost my job due to ill health, am worried about him making me leave, and the time and expense to release the equity.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
How much are the two properties worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I requested an urgent answer, with limited detail, so am am not happy to pay requested fee.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would be happy to provide more information and have advice, but based on expected service am not happy to proceed without clear guidelines regarding time frames and costs. Your website is misleading. Advertising that an adviser is online to answer questions implies an immediate response. I thank you for your assistance. Can you respond to my concerns about your service?

My apologies.
On this site we are all working lawyers which means that we can only pick up questions when we are able to get online
I cannot give you the answer to your question without the extra details - it is all included in the proce you have already agreed