Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My father was a wife beater and a child beater (not

Customer Question

My father was a wife beater and a child beater (not sexual abuse). He was worth about 6 million pounds when parents divorced in the 80s but she only got about 15% (She was naïve, badly advised, took a lump sum, was a beaten woman syndrome, etc). My siblings are ready now 30 years when our mother is bankrupt and in care and our father a multi millionaire to review legal options to get him to pay a fairer amount for our mother,ie pay for her care for the rest of her life, etc.
Can we take civll action against him and how
Has your mother remarried?
Was there any ongoing spouse maintenance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire

She did not remarry. He paid for us kids schooling and occasionally when the mood suited gave her some money, but small amounts and very infrequent.

I believe at divorce he both hid assets (putting them in our names!) and low valued them, by millions, ie a major commercial asset he sold post divorce for 6 million poinds.

Nick

Have you seen the final financial order made at the time of the divorce
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare, no.I do know that two of my siblings and others will come forward if asked. I do know its public record about his asset disposal. I am sure she got max 15% of this real value at divorce. I do think we can go somewhere with this. He is a very cunning financial person but am sure back in 80s he made mistakes. He was worth millions shortly after leaving my mum. How?

I do need to know if there was a Financial Order made at the time of the divorce - and what it said - that is crucial to the way forward
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will try to find out

That is fine