13262538

Hi. I divorced my ex 1 year ago. My ex sees our 2 children

Hi. I divorced my ex 1 year ago. My ex sees our 2 children aged 10 and 8 on mon, Tues and has them every other sat and sun. He works abroad alot and I always have my children when hes away. He recently went away on days he would usually have the children and he hadnt informed me. I found out he left my children in the care of his girlfriend of 4 months. I was very upset as he hadnt asked me. I have only met her 3 times and she doesnt even live with my ex. I didnt even know where she lived. As far as I knew the children were in the care of their father. My children get very confused with the days he has them and I wonder what I can do?
Is there a court order in place regarding contact?
Where does he collect the children from for contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi claire, there is a court order in place as it was done during divorce stating how many times he has my children. He collects the children from me or I drop them off when its his weekend and he picks children up from school on a mon then I collect them back from school on the wed.

HI
Contact is when the children see their father - not his girl friend and you are fully entitled to say that if he is not able to spend the time with the children then they should spend the time with you.
Obviously an hour or so is very different to overnight - but if he will be away overnight then they should stay with you.
You should offer to discuss matters with your ex using family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Please ask if you need further details