Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My 11 year old son has always lived with myself (mother) and

Customer Question

My 11 year old son has always lived with myself (mother) and saw his father every other weekend. 5 months ago the father took me to court and has gained shared care in the order it states to be decided between ourselves if he wants to spend more at mine or vice verse. the father is not meeting at collection point at Tesco as stated in order and is doing every thing to stop me from seeing my son. He involved social services and when he took me to court in a private application made up a whole load of lies regarding he had concerns over my mental health. I am now at stage two complaint with social services over incorrect information. The father has also never worked and I have always worked full time in financial services, He is also trying to claim child maintance even though I have shared the child maintance have said I have to pay this and of course I can not claim due to him not working even though I have a case open. He will not communicate, and is not sticking to collection at Tesco as stated in order. Mt son is desperate to see more of me. Can I take this back to court ? I have been told that I have to wait 6 months and they will not take my sons wishes into account until he is 13/14? please could you advise
What does your son want to happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare Hi,

My son wants to see more of me and these our his wishes. he does want to be at home with me however I do not think this will happen and have said it is not up to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare Hi,

My son wishes to see more of me. he has asked to come home however I have said this is not up to me. I don't know how to tackle this.

What has happened to make you think that he will not be allowed to live with you?