13262538

My son and his wife have split up after 3 weeks of marriage

Customer Question

My son and his wife have split up after 3 weeks of marriage she has moved out of the family home can my son mowe back in. He used his inherritance to put 50000 deposit on the house does this help his case?
How long have they actually lived together and are there any children involved?
Why did your son leave the house?
how much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have been together for 4 years, there are no children. My son left out of respect for her, but then her Mother emptied all his belongings out and is tryin g to take both the properties. The house is now empty can he move back in as he is paying for it. I must add that I gave harry 6000 as a deposit for his flat which is now rented out, then when his father died he used 47000 of his inheritance money to pay the deposit on the house. The flat is worth about 95000 and the house u=is worth about 150000 I believe the only equity is the depositaa
HI
Where has his ex moved to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In with her Mither I believe, if not she may move her mother in with her which worries us so we want to know if he can move it in while its still empty and his rights.
Your son is entitled to return to the property whenever he wishes - as is his wife.
Only if there is an incidence of physical violence is it likely that an Order excluding either of them will be made
In terms of the eventual financial settlement the short length of the relationship and your son's financial contribution will make his ex's claim very small.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
C;are
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTONS . SO IF SHE IS NOT IN THE HOUSE MY SON CAN RETURN BUT SHOULD NOT CHANGE THE LOCKS OR SHOULD HE? HE WILL BE PAYING ALL THE BILLS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
SORRY PRESSED WRONG B UTTON AGAIN CAN MY SON GO BACK INTO THE HOUSE IF SHE IS NOT THERE AS SHE HAS TAKEN EVERYTHING OUT OF IT NEARLY AND CAN HE THEN CHANGE THE LOCK OR INFACT CAN SHE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IS HE ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE LOCKS ONCE IN THE HOUSE.
Your son can return any time he wishes - and he can change the locks BUT his wife is entitled to a key.
For the avoidance of doubt - your son is entitled to return whenever he wishes and remain there - but his ex is also entitled to return if she wishes
Is there any further information that I can help you with?