13262538

I have been struggling to see my two daughters since separating

I have been struggling to see my two daughters since separating from my ex-wife 3 years ago. My daughters are 3 and 6 years of age. I do get the see them for about 2 hours every fortnight however my ex-wife is present during these visits. I have asked my ex-wife regarding seeing my girls more often but she says that is all she is willing to commit to. There is no reason for me not to see my daughters and I contribute a generous financial amount every week in child maintenance. My girlfriend whom I've been with for 2 years has never met my daughters. I'm fully aware of other Men who do not contribute anything and get far better access than what I do. What is the best course of action?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
Your current contact is not adequate - it should be away from your ex and it shoudl be expanding to include a full day - and eventually over night contact - and also to gradually include your new partner
You can read more about general things here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If or when that fails you need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the contact which can then be enforced.
You can read more details here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb007-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details