13262538

my ex partner and i share custody of our 16 month old girl

my ex partner and i share custody of our 16 month old girl i have her 3 days and nights her mother has the extra day this arrangement was made through the courts and has been in place for nearly a year, at the time the judge said holidays were permitted, i told my ex i was planning a trip to spain and would like to take our child she agreed i booked it now she says she is not happy and will not agree , my twin sister and my girlfreind of six months were coming where do i stand
When is the trip booked and how long will you be away for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the trip is booked for the middle of jan for seven nights

What is the longest period you have had the child for so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For five days
Has she given you ay idea of her specific objections to the trip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she says the girl i am taking is a stranger to our child this is not so we have been seeing each other for six months, she is just a stranger to my ex.

Have you offered to introduce them to each other?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I have not my ex is very bitter and already slanders my new girlfriend without even knowing her
I am afraid that you do need either her agreement of a specific order from the court relating to this trip.
Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If that fails then you will need to apply to the court.
Your problem is that it is the longest period you will have had the child in your care AND you will be abroad
If you had been going for a week in the UK - or you were taking her on a short trip to Disney land Paris I have no doubt that the Court would support you - but as it is there would be a a gamble involved - hence the suggestion that you arrange a meeting (possibly using family mediation as a venue) since that is the ONLY reason she has given for objecting.
Please understand I do not agree with her - my role is just to highlight the possible problems!
Please ask if you need further details