13262538

I am constructing a proposal to my ex with my solicitor to

I am constructing a proposal to my ex with my solicitor to put before the FDR. On his recommendation we have hired a barrister to put the case. I've had a draft proposal from my solicitor to put before the FDR which was not what we agreed at the last meeting. He is suggesting a 55:45 split of our house (worth £500k) and equal split of our pensions. He suggests we put aside another pension pot into which my exh was paying which could be worth £50k - not disclosed. I can't then see the point of employing a barrister to help our case. My feeling is that we should ask for 65:35 and hope to get 60:40 which is what my solicitor suggested when we last met. Is this reasonable? I find it so hard to negotiate not only with my exh but also my solicitor. He obviously knows what the likely outcomes are but he does not know my exh and how devious and obfuscating he is when it comes to finances. Grateful for your advice and how I should frame the argument with my solicitor.
Did this new suggestion come from the Barrister or the Solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It came from my solicitor as far as I know. Although he may have spoken to the barrister and taken advice from him. I havn't been able to find out yet.

When are you due to meet the barrister?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Next week. BTW, Still outstanding from my ex's financial info that we have asked for is a tax return, various bank statements, valuation of pension pot, explanation of various financial transactions etc. I think these should be disclosed before we offer a proposal. Even though my ex petitioned for the divorce, which I accepted, when it comes to the financil settlement he has obfuscted, dodged and delayed.
Remind me when the hearing is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in January
At this stage do nothing.
Wait and hear what the barrister suggests.
THEN consider all the advice you have been given and decide what approach YOU wish to take.
Then you instruct your solicitor (who is acting for you and on your instruction) what proposal you wish then to put
You do not have to argue with them - you inform them of what you require!