13262538

Hi. I am married for 6 years and we have a 2 years old son.My

I am married for 6 years and we have a 2 years old son.My husband wants the divorce,after he was violent with me(I reported that to the police and me and my little one went in a refuge for 2 weeks)At the moment ,I am not employed but seeking for a job that would allow me to keep the house for me and my son.He wants to sell it,no matter what.He is having his own company,but as far as I know,he is hiding somehow all the income because of the divorce.Please tell me what are the chances to keep the house?It is a joint mortgage.
Many thanks,Roxana
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Claire,
At the moment,the value on the market is 170000£ and the outstanding mortgage is about 120000.we both have personal loans,i will check the total value.At the moment I am unemployed and the owns his own company and also runs a car wash ,but I know he is trying to hide somehow his income,because of the divorce.Sadly,untill 18 month ago,I was the main income(I used to be a pharmacist) and now he is hiding his money:)
I hope this helps!
Many thanks,Roxana
Are you back in the house at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes,I am.We sleep in different rooms and we talk as little as possible
How much does a cheaper two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know.What chances do I have to keep the house?
And also,what is the cost of the divorce in uk?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Could you look on Right move or Zoopla - I need this to be sure that I give you the best information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
The cheapest 2 bedroom flat is shared ownership and is 40000.The cheapest one in this area ,without ownership is around70000
Would you be willing to consider a Shared Ownership flat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes!Although I don t know what exactly means that.but I will research on the internet.Can you also tell me ,approx the total cost of the divorce please?
The priority for the court is the safe and secure housing of the child until the child is 18.
On that basis if you wish to remain in the property with your son then you will almost certainly be able to do so - or you could consider taking all the proceeds of sale in order to purchase an alternative property.
The cost of a divorce in the Uk depends on what, if anything, you pay a solicitor to do for you.
The Court costs in total come in at just under £500 - how much you pay the solicitor depends on whether you wish the to deal with the ending of the marriage alone (possibly £900 or so) or also the financial issues - which will depend on how long the dispute takes.
Please ask if you need further assistance