Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

i went to court on 10 june and was granted a divorce by judge.

Customer Question

i went to court on 10 june and was granted a divorce by judge. however i rec'd a letter 2 weeks later to say because we hadnt been married for 2 years the divorce could not go ahead and i would have to reapply in august past when 2 years had past. i paid mysolicitor over £2000 for the divorce in june and a furthet£500 for it to be heard again in august which never happened as my ex husband has not gone into solicitors office to sign new papers. have i the right to request my money back as i believe i paid for aservice i still havent rec'd to no fault of my own. my solicitor knew date i had got married before i went to court in august as he holds the marriage certificate. i feel that the court and my solicitor are at fault and im being caused unnecessary stress as a result. im i right in wanting my money back so i can go
Which part of the Uk are you in and what ground was used for the divorce?