cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  30 yrs experience
18726264

i am 42 and I have been sleeping with a 17 year old. Are

i am 42 and I have been sleeping with a 17 year old. Are there any circumstances where this would be seen as illegal? I do not believe that I am in a position of trust. I am a quality assurance manager and she is at college. There is no link between the two.
Expert:  cityguru replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. No it is not against the law if you are not connected and you are not the minors teacher or in any other supervisory position over the minor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Would her parents be able to raise any complaints? And are there any issues around grooming her?
Expert:  cityguru replied 2 years ago.
As long as she was over 16 no there should be no issues. You do not say how you met his girl but if you formed a relationhsip in a normal way when she was 16 or over then legally there are no issues.. Whether her parents may object is another matter.