UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
40487810

my Nephews child has been taken into care. Which he only found

my Nephews child has been taken into care. Which he only found out two weeks ago. He went to the social service where his son is being dealt with and provide proof that he is the father. He was only told that his son was taken into care for his well being and did not provide anymore information. The Social adviser said that he should get a solicitor to gain rights for him to take his son out of care. This is because his ex partner has got a solicitor to try and get back her children for which they where taken away from h through the police service. He currently works but is not on a great wage. He can not afford a solicitor. Even if he works can he get legal aid? do the CAB department office provide a no win no fee service. Also can they provide a cheap solicitor who work for the cab service at a lower rate for those who are on low income. Kind Regards Loraine
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.
Your nephew can get free legal aid to cover his legal costs for legal advice before the case goes to court, and in the court case concerning his son being taken into care, for representation in court, and this legal aid is not means-tested.
The Citizens Advice Bureau can't help with this sort of case - it's really important that your nephew goes to see a solicitor who specialises in care cases, and that he books an appointment as soon as ever possible.
Here's where to find a good family law solicitor who specialises in care cases, and who will be able to give your nephew the best possible advice and help:-
http://www.resolution.org.uk/find_a_specialist/
I hope this helps and I wish you and your nephew the best of luck.
Thanks and best wishes...