13262538

I am Portuguese and am going to travel abroad to Portugal with

I am Portuguese and am going to travel abroad to Portugal with my sons aged 11 and 13, their mother is joining us two days later. We are not married, both of them have my surname on their travel documents. Do I need an authorization from their mum to take my boys on holidays?
For clarity - you are both in agreement with the trip ( I do have to check)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, we are. As I said she is joining us two days after, I am going with the kids to Portugal earlier and then she is coming back with them to the UK. I am now wondering if either of us will need a written authorization to travel with the kids.
There should be no problem at all.
However I am aware that some parent shave met problems (although I do not know the real facts) and a simple letter signed by you both will ensure that in the highly unlikely event of a challenge you have a letter to prove the position
However I must emphasise this is a failsafe not a necessity
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, sorry for this delay,. Does the letter need to be accompanied with photocopies of our IDs and does it need to be a certified letter from a solicitor?
No to both - a simple letter will be fine since you are travelling to a country from which recovering the children would be simple anyway!