13262538

My sister in law has a non-molestation order out against her

My sister in law has a non-molestation order out against her exh which was enforced last September 2013. Now her exh has told their daughter that it has now run out and he can come to the house. My sister-in-law has not been informed by the court that it is over. What is her position?
What has happened since the Order was made - who owns the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have decree nisi now. she lives in and rents her own property from the council having fled the family home.
If your sister looks at the Order she will see that they do indeed only last a year.
If there has been no breach in that time then it is not likely that it will be renewed even if an application is made before it expires.
However her ex has no right to come to her house at all - and if he does do so she can call the Police and ask them to issue an harassment warning -which will make this a criminal matter
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details