13262538

Can I legally sell a property (left to me by my mother some

Can I legally sell a property (left to me by my mother some years ago)? It is at present entirely in my name and not that of my husband. We are living (virtually separate lives) within the marital home at present.
Please confirm that the property you are referring to is NOT the matrimonial home
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The property that was left to me,(a bungalow), is not the matrimonial home. I wondered that if I sold the bungalow without informing my husband, whether I would be liable to pay him half of its value (even if I had spent some of the proceeds in the meantime), should we divorce in the future.
You are fully entitled to sell the property.
Provided you keep the funds entirely separate then the chances of your husband having a claim on it in the event of a divorce are reduced.
However you will have to account for the monies - but if there are sufficient other funds for distribution then he will not receive a share at all
Please ask if you need further details