13262538

Hi, My sister is married and her and her husband have 2

Customer Question

My sister is married and her and her husband have 2 children, she nearly had an affair, and decided she wanted to separate from her husband, the husband has now said that he's going to take the kids and that she's got to leave the house. Could you clarify her legal position in the short term on this. The house is jointly owned by them, she is most concerned by the fact that because she was potentially the one in the wrong that she has no rights to either the custody of the kids or remaining in the property?
Best
Mark
How old are the children and who has their day to day care at the moment?
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do they each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children are 4 and a half (twins), they are usually looked after by our mum and dad during the day whilst my sister and husband are at work?
My sister earns £19.5k and her husband £30k the house is worth £120k with a mortgage of £100k
Mark
The family court takes no account of who caused the failure of the relationship.
neither spouse can be forced to leave the matrimonial home (with or without the children) unless and until there is a court order as a result of violence or a final financial order within divorce proceedings
Equally neither party can dictate that the children will live with them
They will have to discuss who should remain in the house and how the children should share their time between them using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
She must not let her husband bully her and feel guilty.
Please ask if you need further details